Innovation in technology has created homeowner benefits that no one is talking about. Home planning insight starts with web applications. Most people design their home renovation or new construction only considering present family size and living arrangements not planning for retirement.
Why not consider some form of a “Universal or Lifetime” design.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
A design that will suit young, middle age or empty nesters. One home, but design revisions as the years go by allowing Lifetime living stability..
Example – A bonus room design used for entertaining suitable for young couples.
Example – Later convert bonus room for teenagers to couple of bedrooms.
Example – Elderly can use a shelf by the door for packages, also better outdoor lighting to get you from your car to the door.
Focusing on the thought of staying in the same home for many years is difficult. But the facts are moving in that direction.
According to research by the American Association of Retired Persons:
The American Association of Retired Persons says that nearly 90 percent of seniors want to stay in their own homes as they age.
The National Association of Home Builders, NAHB predicts that “aging in place” remodeling market to be $20-$25 billion. That’s about 10 percent of the $214 billion home improvement industry.
WHEN SHOULD YOU START ORGANIZING THIS PLAN
Too early to think this should apply? Consider how many folks struggle with bouts of arthritis at an early age. If you fell and broke a leg, how easy would it be to get up and downstairs in your house? Perhaps you have aging parent or relative who is facing these challenges who may need to move in with you.
Innovation in technology now allows us to study all these different scenarios by using computer applications.
Imagine having a home that a certain living space could be enjoyed as a nursery, then designed into a bedroom, then into an office or into a bonus space, or other possibilities.
Primary consideration should remain to capture the view of your family 5, 10, 20, 30 years in the future.
Nothing is perfect but planning and designing for the future is a gigantic step.
THIS IS WHERE TODAY`S TECHNOLOGY IS IMPORTANT.
Besides normal building technology such as computer systems, wireless, home high speed internet, etc.
We now have a number of simple to use personal home building web apps.
From design apps to construction apps to expense apps, let your imagination go wild. If you are going to spend 30 to 40 thousand on a remodel or 200k on a new home you need to spend 100 dollars on a web app remembering that planning insight starts with design web applications.
According to developers, iPhone and iPad app development will become a breeze with the newly launched mobile operating system. Apple’s new OS comes loaded with some amazing features and new capabilities that will help provide an impressive application development experience.
In this article we will look at some of the most important features of the new OS that helps to make the app development experience truly amazing for the developers.
An Overview of the Major Developments of iOS 8
The newly rolled out version of the operating system enables developer to integrate some incredibly useful features and capabilities to their app, with the help of 4000 new APIs. These APIs will give apps developer the access to plenty of web tools and application software for creating apps successfully.
If you are someone who hasn’t had a very good experience in developing applications, then the newly launched OS is the best Apple operating platform – that will definitely help you lessen your complains extensively. Let us now look at some of the important developments of new operating system that will help you in creating great mobile applications.
iOS 8 SDK and Xcode 6: By downloading and building a product via the SDK and Xcode 6, any iPhone app development company or individual interested in publishing their app can submit the ones written in Swift directly to the app store.
Enhanced Set of New Capabilities:This operating system brings forth an enhanced set of new APIs and services, in order to help users create new categories and features for their apps. Let us have a look at some of the most important and exciting new capabilities.
Health kit and Home kit
The Health kit lets application developers to add fitness related data into the app and share it to third-party apps. In contrast, Home kit enables users to configure and control connected devices of their home.
You will be able to enhance your app’s functionality as well as content by providing an app extension – that is a code that helps integrate custom functionality inside the context of a task performed by an Apple device user. With the help of extensions you can inject the power of your application in the device as and when required by your targeted users.
With the help of the new Cloud Kit framework, you can retrieve your application data in an easy and secure way right from iCloud.
Like the above three capabilities, several services have been included in the latest Apple operating system that help developers in building iPhone and iPad app easily.
Technology Improvements: Game development has been the most important part of Apple’s iPhone app development. In order to provide more incredible and immersive gaming experiences, Apple new OS has introduced high-level frameworks for developing high-end game’s graphics and enhanced audio features.
The new developments introduced with the release of iOS 8 will surely attract a lot of app developers, and will help them to create a great design for the iPhone platform.
Whether you’re still looking at homes for sale or you’ve just moved into a brand new home, we’ve found a few smartphone/tablet apps that you must have. These apps will help you with everything from decorating your home to discovering your new neighborhood to budgeting your next home remodeling project to even paying your mortgage.
1. iHandy Level – No matter if you’re hanging up a valuable art piece, a picture frame or a shelf, this handy level will help make sure it’s straight.
2. ColorSmart by BEHR – Smokestack Grey or Pinecone Green? Discover which paint color would look best in a room without making a single stroke. This app allows you to take a picture of the room, choose your paint, and then preview what the room would look like in the hue(s) you’ve chosen.
3. Photo Measures – Drop that ruler and pencil! With this app, you simply take an image of a room, then write in all its measurements so you never have to guess how much paint you need or what size curtains to buy.
4. AroundMe – This app is perfect for homeowners who are new to the area. AroundMe finds the closest restaurants, bars, shopping centers, coffee shops, banks, hospitals, movie theaters, pharmacies, grocery stores, gas stations and more.
5. Sum+It Up Billing Buddy – Planning a remodeling project? This app lets you know exactly how much the project will cost – from hiring a contractor to buying the necessary materials.
6. HomeSavvy – Home maintenance is an important, yet often forgetful thing to do. This app lets you set a home maintenance plan, then sends you alerts each time a task needs to be completed, such as changing the batteries in your smoke alarms, cleaning the gutters, fertilizing the lawn or even getting an oil change on your car. It also includes a directory of local businesses with customer ratings for each task that needs completed.
7. Remodelista – Get the inspiration you need to decorate every room in your home! This app provides you with expert advice, trendy DYIs and stylish furniture and décor.
8. Billminder – Never pay a late fee again! This app allows you to organize your mortgage, utilities, cable and all other bills by their due dates, then it sends you reminders when their due dates are close. You can even set up their secure AutoPay option that will automatically pay your bill on its due date.
9. My Home Scr.APP.book – Although we don’t like to think about it, disasters can happen. This app lets you take pictures, write descriptions, and add bar codes of your possessions and organizes them by which room they are in. This will come in handy for determining how much insurance you need and/or filing a claim if you ever need to.
10. iScape – Dreaming of a fresh, flower-filled front yard? This app lets you take a picture of your current yard, then select your improvements, such as fresh grass, mulch, flowers, trees and décor. Click on “save” and you will see your boring lawn transform into an outdoor oasis.
Prudential Preferred Realty knows that buying or selling a home can be one of the largest financial decisions you will make. That’s why we’ve created all the resources and expert advice you’ll need to make your real estate buying or selling experience seamless. You can trust our team of expert real estate professionals to help you every step of the way. Whether you are looking to find homes for sale in Pittsburgh and/or Western PA, sell a house, invest in Pittsburgh real estate, find mortgage and home financing assistance or build a new home, Prudential Preferred Realty can help. For more information,
Are you a beginner when it comes to home improvement? If you feel lost in regards of where to start or how to use a tool, then you are not alone by any means. That is a completely rational feeling to have, but the solution is below. Read these tips to learn how to start your home projects.
If your home is very functional add more living area. Think about a living room, a den or a room for your children to play in. This will make living in your home much more pleasant and also add value to your home. You should do this once you have the money to spend on home improvement projects.
Try planting a tree to add some more curb appeal. This is a very simple home improvement project. Make sure to consider how big the tree will grow. If you have the space, try to plant two trees to frame your home or your entryway. Planting a tree does not take long at all either.
Selling your property? Home improvement projects and updates are easy fixes to increase the value of your home. Replacing older kitchen appliances and offering the new installation as part of the asking price is quite an appeal to home buyers especially is this is a first home purchase.
When selecting a contractor for a home renovation, don’t be tempted to simply take the lowest estimate. There is no guarantee that it will be cheaper to use a lower-cost contractor and simply fix any poor work later. Lower prices usually mean that the quality of the work and the materials is also lower.
If you’re interested in home improvement, a good place to start is by experimenting with color schemes. You can do this by getting swatches from your local paint store, or using a variety of online color scheme websites and apps. Doing this can be creative and fun, and inspire you to think of ideas you might not have had if you had focused on details like furnishings straight away.
If you are looking into a new project for your home that helps save you money in the long run and reduces the amount of water that you waste, consider grey water for your home. Grey water is the water that you have already used once, say, in your shower, or your sinks. The grey water is then transported in separate piping from you clean water, and pumped into your toilets, and can even be used in your clothes washer.
Building or buying a window box for windows in the front of your house is a very effective way to add color and visual interest to a drab exterior. A filled planter can be very heavy, so make sure that you use cleats to secure the box to the house. You can update the look by planting seasonal herbs, flowers, or grasses.
Home improvement is not as complicated as it is made out to be. Sure it can be a lot of work, but it doesn’t have to be. It can indeed have small jobs too. Now that you understand a bit more of how to use things and what to do, go give it a try.